Monday, June 20, 2011

Pretty fishy

Recently our manager, Scott, decided to go on a diet.  Scott is very determined and has demonstrated very strong willpower.  He cut out soda, sugar, candy and he started going to the gym--you know all of the things that you're supposed to do when you want to life a healthy lifestyle.  I really admire this because(especially working at a grocery store) the candy aisle and ice cream and doughnuts and chips can all be pretty tempting--I should also note (being totally honest) that I am scarfing down a bowl of ice cream as I write this so I really do wish I could be as committed as Scott is to being healthier. 

So you may be asking why I care about his diet and you may be wondering how his eating habits effect me personally.  Well, here's the thing--there's a George Foreman grill upstairs in the breakroom and Scott has started grilling everything he eats (you know because grilling is the healthier way to eat).  Please don't get me wrong I think it's great that he's doing this but he has started grilling fish on the Foreman grill--treating the upstairs breakroom like it's his own personal kitchen.  And you know that fishy smell that lingers in a room for days and days.  That nauseating and disgusting old fish smell?

So that is how Scott's eating habits are effecting me personally and why every time he grills fish in the breakroom I have to hold me breath. 

Dear Scott,

While I fully support your healthy and active lifestyle--have a little consideration for the people who are inhaling day old fish odor!

Sincerely,

All the employees who have to use the breakroom after you have cooked your grilled fish on the George Foreman grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment