Monday, June 13, 2011

Pay day pays off

Friday is pay day at the grocery store! I got paid bi-weekly at the law firm and I can tell you that often by the end of that second week money was streched pretty tight--so it's nice to get paid weekly. And on Friday after many, many years I paid off my credit card--that's right loyal readers, a $0 balance! And I know I have complained a lot about the pay at the grocery store but I do realize that it was partially those pay checks that have allowed me to stay afloat and finally finish making my credit card payments. I have to admit it's a small victory because I know the cell phone bill and the student loan bills are still on their way but for now I am just enjoying the feeling that I am one (small) step closer to being debt free. Yay! I'm sure tomorrow I will go back to hating it again but on Friday for one brief moment--as I made that last credit card payment--I was reminded that the grocery store has been a consistent paycheck at a time when there are some people who don't have a paycheck at all. So, for now I'll just keep plugging away and say thanks grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment