Monday, June 27, 2011

Why is my boss a douchebag?



Does anyone else every ask themselves, 'Why is my boss such a tremendous douchebag?'  It's not just me is it?  I have talked a little about the customer service manager Scott--he's a cool, chill, funny guy and we generally get along pretty well.

Then, on the other end of the spectrum is the store manager--Arnold.  And he is a jerk--not to mention that I think he looks like Chief Wigum from the Simpsons.  I'm sorry I typed that before I could stop myself--it was like writers touretts.

Anyway,  luckily I don't have to work with him much because he works during the day and I work nights so by the time I get there Arnold is long gone.  So I really haven't had too much interaction with him but the few times I have worked with him on the weekends it hasn't been pleasant.

Like one Sunday I was coming into work and I went to the time clock to punch in for work--you know like every employee is supposed to before they start working (duh).  Hank, another cashier, was right in front of me punching in and I was standing right behind him waiting for him to finish (just to give you an idea this whole process of punching in or punching out when you're leaving takes like 2 seconds).  When Arnold walks up to me and goes (while I am standing right in front of the time clock), "Can you punch in, like right now, because the front end is really busy."  in a kind of tone like he is exasperated that he has to explain such a simple concept to me.

In my head I went on rant.  I was having a whole conversation in my head about what I would say to Arnold if he wasn't me boss.  It went something like this--"Ohhhhh is that what you do you when you are standing in front of the time clock?  You punch in for work?  No effing way!  I mean really asshole--when I'm standing right in front of the time clock at the beginning of my shift--what the hell else would I be doing if I wasn't getting ready to punch in for work?  I was simply waiting those 2 whole seconds until Hank was finished punching in."  Not to mention the fact that I started work at 12:00 and was punching in at 11:55.  I was punching in early anyway you douchebag.  And in my imagination he just stood there staring at my--his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish but no real words coming out.

But I just took a deep breath, and said, "sure." and went downstairs and went to work.  Sigh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment