Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just say no

A while back I wrote about how working nights had (negatively) impacted my eating habits (and honestly, they were not all that great to start with). So, I vowed to be healthier and thought if I wrote about it I would feel more accountable. Well, it's about 6 months later and I thought I would give you an update about my progress. ok--there has actually been very little progress. Why is it so hard to change my bad eating habits? I will say that this time of year I do tend to eat more vegetables and salads because produce is so readily available. But it is still the late night snacking that is a problem. What is it about peanut M & Ms? For some reason when you take an M & M and stick a peanut in the middle I consider it health food. Ok, not really but it seems easier to rationalize eating peanut M & Ms then some of those other candies on the candy rack. So anyway, it's a work in progress. Some days I will have the power to just say no to the potato chips and some days I buy a chocolate chip muffin. I guess the bottom line is I still have a lot of work to do. So here I am renewing my pledge to just say no to midnight snacks! And luckily the store just raised the prices of almost all of the candy on the rack which makes it easier to pass it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment