Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WTF?

The other day a guy I work with, Rich, told me he was scheduled to work on Saturday night but he couldn't work because he had plans and he asked if I would take his shift. I asked what time and he said 8:00-midnight. I decided I could postpone my exciting Saturday night plans of sitting at home eating ice cream in my pajamas. I figured I could use the extra money so I might as well pick up some extra hours. So I said, "Sure, no problem." Then on Saturday night about 5 minutes after 8:00 I was at my register when Rich came through my line to buy soda. So I asked him (trying to give him the benefit of the doubt) if he was on his way out somewhere and he said, "No, I just got back." Now I don't want to sound like a bitch here but--what the fuck?!? (or WTF as the kids say). I mean is it just me or if you said you couldn't work because you had plans why you show up to the place where you work 5 minutes after your shift was supposed to start?

Anyway, it all worked out o.k--I made a few extra bucks and Rich got the night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment