Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm not even supposed to be here today

Things just got off to bad start--I walked into work and I wasn't in a great mood to start with but I only had to work a four hour shift and I thought, "yeah I can handle that". I mean it's only 4 hours, right? Shirley had asked me to work for her and I kind of (wait no, not kind of--I really, really) didn't feel like going into work but she has always helped me out when I asked her to work for me and I needed the extra money so I told her I would work for her. I was scheduled to work from 7:00-11:00. Around 5:30 I got a call from work saying that someone had called out and asking if I could come in early. I asked when they needed me to come in and she was like, "Ummm, like, now?" I said I would be there as soon as I could but I didn't know if I could come in early. It turned out by the time I had taken a shower, gotten dressed and had dinner I got to work at 6:50. Right when I walked in Rose made some snarky, sarcastic comment like, "Oh, you're here--well thanks so much for coming in early." She was in a bitchy mood because she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend and was taking it out on everyone around her by making everyone around her as miserable as she was (which was totally fair, right?). Right then I knew it was gonna be a loonnnngggg night! Then on top of that our time clock is computerized and if you try to clock in when you are not scheduled you have to get a manager to punch in for you so I went to the customer service desk and asked Rachel if she knew where the manager was. She said, "I think she's somewhere in the back of the store." Well, at this point there were two options. 1) I could wander all over the store looking for the store manager. or 2) Rachel could use the intercom to paige the store manager to ask her to come up to the customer service desk. Now call me crazy but it seems to me that the second option made more sense because the store manager would need to come up to the front of the store anyway because that's where the time clock is. All of this happened within the first few minutes I walked in and needless to say none of this helped to improve my mood. All I kept thinking was I'm not even supposed to be here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment