Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oompa Loompa

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic after a long, cold winter but I think there are a few sure signs that spring is right around the corner. The days are getting longer. There are a few patches of grass that are starting to turn green. People walking around wearing shorts (I personally think it's a little premature for that...but whatever). And everyone who has been pale all winter is now looking to get a little tan. A few of the girls I work with have recently started to go tanning. Rose started tanning and she looks nice because she didn't overdo it. She got a nice base tan and it just gave her a little bit of color. But one of the other girls I work with, Rachel, has spent way too much time with the spray tan machine. Rachel is normally really pretty. She has dark, wavy hair and pretty blue eyes so I was surprised when I came into work the other day and she was so orange that she looked like an oompa loompa. So here is an oompa loompa inspired song about tanning.

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo
I've got a little story for you.
Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-dee,
If you are wise you'll listen to me.
What do you do when you're white as a ghost?
And you don't want the sun to burn you like toast?
You spend all your time in a tanning bed,
when you think that you're pale, but it's all in you head!
A problem with tanning beds, as many of you know
If you tan in one too much
You'll have a bright orange glow!
And no one likes the look of it.
Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-da

No comments:

Post a Comment