Monday, February 21, 2011

A sweet suprise

Yay--It's girl scout cookie time! My uncle was visiting from out of town a few weeks ago and he came back to the house with a box of girl scout cookies--the classic thin mints. So the other day, things were slow at the store and my shift was almost over so I was standing around talking to Tina and I told her that I loved girl scout cookies but hadn't found anyone selling them anywhere. I told her my absolute favorites were the carmel delites. She said her favorite cookies were the peanut butter patties. So the next night I got a text from Rich. He was working with Tina and wanted to know when I was working next. I sent him a text that I worked on Friday night. I came in on Friday night and said hi to Tina. She got a little smile on her face and she told me to go upstairs and check inside one of the lockers in the break room. So (alittle confused) I went upstairs and opened the locker--and there was a box of carmel delites. Yay! I squealed--totally happy-and ran back downstairs to thank Tina and she told there were girl scouts selling them at a stand in the mall and she got a box for me. I told her I would pay for them but she said, "no." So I just wanted to say thanks again to Tina! It was so thoughful of her to pick up the cookies and such a sweet surprise to come into work and find girl scout cookies! I did finally find girl scouts selling cookies and I bought a box of peanut butter patties for Tina--but I am ashamed to admit--they never actually made it to Tina because we didn't work together for a while and I ate them before I saw her. But I promise I'll make it up to her next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment