Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's not me, It's you

I would like to start by saying that I really like 98% of the people I work with...but there always seems to be that 2% that I really don't get along with. This leaves me wondering, 'Are these people really assholes or am I the asshole because I don't get along with them?' Well, since I have started working there I can think of 6 people who have quit--(I'm sure there have been more then that but these are the people I can think of just off the top of my head) and Rose has been involved (in one way or another or flat out the direct cause of) 3 out of these 6 people leaving. Now if you have been involved in some way with 3 out of 6 people quitting (that means 50% of the time you had something to do with these people leaving their job) do you think maybe it's time to start to reevaluate your management style and start to think about how you interact with your coworkers? Nope! Well, at least not if you're Rose. I think that is part of the problem with Rose--she will never take responsibility for her actions or think about the way she treats other people because she always has an excuse for her behavior and she always feel totally justified for acting the way she does. I actually almost quit once after a nasty encounter with her. I even had a short note all written out giving my two weeks notice but I calmed down and thought I wasn't going to cut off my nose to spite my face. To be fair I'm sure Rose has her own side of the story and I'm sure I have done things that frustrate her too, because I am far from a perfect grocery store employee. But it makes me feel (at least a little) better to know that it isn't just me who has a problem with Rose. It's not me (at least not totally), It's Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment