Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Every Rose has its thorn

I was always sort of raised to follow the old adage, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I also sort of hesitate to say anything negative about the people I work with when they aren't here to defend themselves but there are a few people (two specifically) who I really can't stand! If I pull into the parking lot and see their cars parked there my stomach sinks and I roll my eyes because I know when I work with them I'm going to be in for a looonnnggg night. Whenever I hear the sound of their voice it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. For some reason it seems to be that way in every job I've had. I get along with most of the people I work with but there's always two co-workers who just drive me crazy and make my skin crawl!

One of these co-workers is Rose. I was going to tell you what incident in particular started my problem with Rose but to perfectly honest I don't even remember how it all started--I do know it started a while back. I also know that it if had been just one argument or one disagreement I could have let it go but it has really been a series of incidents that led me to the conclusion that I really don't like working with Rose.

The other person I can't stand working with is Barbara--even the sound of her name makes me wince. In fact, I dislike her so much that the other week when I checked my schedule and saw I would be working with her I called Shirley and asked if she would switch shifts with me. I know that sounds petty and childish but I couldn't stand the thought of having to work with Barbara all night.

In the real world if you don't get along with someone you can avoid them or just politely walk away but at work if you don't like someone you're kind of trapped together until the work day is over. And I guess we all have people at work who we don't get along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment